AQUILLA ROBBINS HOUSE (1710) ELM STREET. The Rev. George Morey
purchased this house (farm) from Abigail Robbins about 1783, when
he became pastor of the Meeting-House on the Common. He remained
here as pastor for 46 years. He was instrumental in planting the
beautiful elm trees which shade Elm Street. The house burned down
This sketch is from The Walpole 250th Anniversary Calendar and was done by H. S. Ross.
Return to Historic Photos Main