Sciencetellers Race Against TimeJoin us on a fast-paced adventure about two kids who find themselves racing against the clock! Before time runs outs, throw on your lab coat and buckle in — you are about to experience the science of power and energy through several explosive, hands-on experiments that will have you laughing, learning and having fun! We will make things float, bounce, soar and transform right before your eyes, all while exploring the concepts of surface tension, air pressure, chemical reactions, the law of inertia, scientific variables and more!
Science through stories!
Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 4:00 pm in the Walpole Library Community Room
Recommended for children grades K- 3 / This is a drop-in program
For more information contact the Children’s Department at 508-660-7340.
This program is funded through the Walpole CFCE Program, through the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care’s Coordinated Family and Community Engagement Grant and the Walpole Library.
Upcoming Friends' Events
- Saturday, March 25 - 1 pm - David Kruh, author: "Scollay Square"
- Tuesday, April 4 - 7:30 pm - Jorene Lang: Country Singer
- Monday, April 10 - 7 pm - Julie McMurray: Understanding and Responding to Dementia Related Behaviors
- Tuesday, April 18 - 7 pm - The Film: The Finest Hours - Sea rescue film based on the book by Michael Tougias
- Tuesday, April 25 - 7:30 pm - Michael Tougias, author: The Making of the Film: The Finest Hours
Walpole Library Evening Book Group
Next meeting is 3/23/17 @ 7pm in the Pinnacle Room [2nd floor]
The WLEBG meets every 6 weeks on Thursday evenings at 7pm for 90 minutes. Discussion includes the current selection and books in general.
The next meeting is 3/23/17 and the book topic is The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe. Copies are available at the Circulation desk. Please come in, grab a copy, get reading & join us!
Please Note: The group will briefly recap One Summer at the next meeting.
FREE Downloadable Audio Books and eBooks ! Available Anytime
- With OverDrive eBooks, you can get a book any time of day.
- Over 10,000 eBooks - 8,000 audiobooks - new titles added each week
- All you need is a computer or mobile device and your library card!