Deacon Willard Lewis House, West Street
DEACON WILLARD LEWIS HOUSE (C. 1826) WEST STREET. Built by
Horatio Wood, sold to Harlow Lawrence, mill owner. In 1863 Deacon
Lewis bought the house and mill, now owned by the Kendall Co.
Features of this house are the beautiful spiral staircase and the
huge fireplace and brick oven in the cellar.
The sketch is from The Walpole 250th Anniversary Calendar and was done by H. S. Ross.
Home of the Walpole Historic Society, the Deacon Willard Lewis
House is adjacent to the park which is the site of the first
schoolhouse in town.
Return to Historic Photos Main