Walpole Hotel
Off Main Street

c. 1870


Located on Main Street at Greenwood Avenue at the rear of the DeRoma house, the Walpole Hotel was the first hotel in town. It was built around 1870 and was destroyed by fire on May 1, 1893. Lila Grant's father ran the Walpole Hotel and she and her sister lived in the hotel.

 

Return to Historic Photos Main