SHOE-SHOP (C. 1800). This building 13 feet square originally
stood on East Street near the present Freight Station was the
first department store in the village. Later moved to the Rhoades
Farm on Union Street, it became Deacon William Rhoades Shoe-shop.
This sketch is from The Walpole 250th Anniversary Calendar and was done by H. S. Ross.
Return to Historic Photos Main