Pillsbury's Store


A library formed by Mary R. Bird was transferred to Pillsbury's Store in East Walpole. After the Town Hall was built in 1881, the library was located there for a time, at the corner of Main and Common Streets (near the old Town Hall, which is now the Police Station). The man on the left is Frank Pillsbury (the pharmacist) and the shorter man on the right is Arthur Upton, clerk.

 

Return to Historic Photos Main