POWDER HOUSE (1811). Built of brick 7-feet by 8 feet. It stood
on a little hill off Elm Street, about where the Freight Station
now stands. This was the second powder-house built by the town.
The first stood on Powder House Hill. This 1811 powder-house was
standing as late as 1840.
This sketch is from The Walpole 250th Anniversary Calendar and was done by H. S. Ross.
Return to Historic Photos Main