MORSE TAVERN (C. 1806). An old Stage-coach Tavern on the
Norfolk & Bristol Turnpike (now Washington Street) opposite
Chestnut Street in East Walpole. The first Post Office in Town was
established here in 1820 with David Morse, the Tavern Keeper, as
This sketch is from The Walpole 250th Anniversary Calendar and was done by H. S. Ross.
Return to Historic Photos Main