Rev. George Morey House
Elm Street
1710


AQUILLA ROBBINS HOUSE (1710) ELM STREET. The Rev. George Morey purchased this house (farm) from Abigail Robbins about 1783, when he became pastor of the Meeting-House on the Common. He remained here as pastor for 46 years. He was instrumental in planting the beautiful elm trees which shade Elm Street. The house burned down in 1904.

This sketch is from The Walpole 250th Anniversary Calendar and was done by H. S. Ross.

 

Return to Historic Photos Main