The French and Indian Wars took place about 1690. George Plimpton donated a memorial placed on the town common in about 1903. Located over the original town well at the site of the first meetinghouse, it had a bubbler in back and a horse trough on front. Memorial Plaza is now in front of the fountain.
Return to Historic Photos Main