Monday Afternoon Book Club
Monday, December 13 @ 2:00 pm
Join us for a book share! Tell us your book suggestions, hear what others are reading and be inspired to try something new. We will also select titles for the upcoming 2022 meetings- bring your suggestions! All are welcome!
Book Club Coordinator/Program Contact: Molly Riportella; email@example.com
Tuesday, December 14 @ 7:00 pm
Walpole Library Evening Book Club
Thursday, December 9 @ 7:00 pm
Physical copies are available for lobby pick-up, in-person pick-up, and delivery. Please call the Circulation Desk at 508-660-7340 for availability. E-book and e-audio copies available through Libby/Overdrive.
Brief Description: Following two families from Pakistan and Iraq in the 90s through to San Francisco in 2016, a comic novel about being Muslim immigrants in modern America.
COA Virtual Book Club
Tuesday, December 28 @ 3:00 pm
Join the Walpole COA and the Walpole Public Library for our Virtual Book Club. This month we are reading The Clockmaker's Daughter by Kate Morton.
The discussion will be held via Zoom at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82871681630 on Tuesday, November 30th at 3:00 pm. Physical copies are available for lobby pick-up, in-person pick-up, and delivery. Please call the Circulation Desk at 508-660-7340 for availability. Digital ebooks are available for download via Overdrive.
Book Club Coordinator/Program Contact: Sal Genovese; firstname.lastname@example.org
Brief Description: In the depths of a 19th-century winter, a little girl is abandoned on the streets of Victorian London. She grows up to become in turn a thief, an artist's muse, and a lover. In the summer of 1862, shortly after her eighteenth birthday, she travels with a group of artists to a beautiful house on a bend of the Upper Thames. Tensions simmer and one hot afternoon a gunshot rings out. A woman is killed, another disappears, and the truth of what happened slips through the cracks of time. It is not until over a century later, when another young woman is drawn to Birchwood Manor, that its secrets are finally revealed.
Previous book club selections:
- Out Stealing Horses by Per Petterson
- The Watchmaker of Filigree Street by Natasha Pulley
- Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
- The Light Between Oceans by M. L. Stedman
- Life after Life by Kate Atkinson
- The Sisters Brothers by Patrick deWitt
- Annihilation by Jeff Vander Meer
- Redeption Road by John Hart
- Siracusa by Delia Ephron
- A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan
- The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
- Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks
- The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents by Terry Pratchett
- The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Society by Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows
- The Last Year of the War by Susan Meissnet
- Not Our Kind by Kitty Zeldis
- Paris Orphan by Natasha Lester
- The Atomic City Girls by Janet Beard