Nappy's Puppets Presents: Shadows Around the World
Wednesday 22 February at 11.00 in the Walpole Library Community RoomIn this fun and interactive show, you’ll meet everyone from elegant Chinese Emperors to the topsy-turvy Turkish trickster Karagoz, all with the hilarious Jim Napolitano as your guide! Travel the world with shadows, stories and songs! Shadows Around the World explores the history of shadow puppetry and its development. The program focuses on world cultures and history and the development of Shadow Theater as an art form.
This program is free and open to the public. This program is funded through the Walpole CFCE Program, through the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care’s Coordinated Family and Community Engagement Grant.
Fifth Anniversary Celebration
Saturday, March 4th
10:30 am Green Library Building Tour 11:00 am Tea with Emily Dickinson 1:00 pm Cake Cutting Ceremony 1:30 pm Children's Program 2:00 pm Green Library Building Tour
Tea with Emily Dickinson
Saturday, March 4 at 11:00 amPoet Emily Dickinson continues to fascinate and baffle her readers as they try to understand how this shy and quiet woman could be so passionate and poetically articulate about the world around her. Join us as we visit with Emily one afternoon in 1883. You may never think of Miss Emily in quite the same way.
"Tea with Emily Dickinson" is a one-woman show featuring Beth Goldman and is based on William Luce's play "The Belle of Amherst" published by Samuel French, Inc.
Upcoming Friends' Events
- Saturday, February 25 - 1 pm - Debra Britt: National Black Doll Museum Of History & Culture
- Saturday, March 11 - 1 pm - "Stanley & Grimm" Celtic music duo: Nikki Engstrom, fiddle; Sean Brennan, guitar
- Thursday, March 16 - 7 pm - Stephen Collins, actor: "Irish Voices"
- Monday, March 20 - 7 pm - Chris Coyne (from Rockport): "Watercolor Painting Demonstration"
- Saturday, March 25 - 1 pm - David Kruh, author: "Scollay Square"
Walpole Library Evening Book Group
Next meeting is 3/23/17 @ 7pm in the Pinnacle Room [2nd floor]
The WLEBG meets every 6 weeks on Thursday evenings at 7pm for 90 minutes. Discussion includes the current selection and books in general.
The next meeting is 3/23/17 and the book topic is The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe. Copies are available at the Circulation desk. Please come in, grab a copy, get reading & join us!
Please Note: The group will briefly recap One Summer at the next meeting.
FREE Downloadable Audio Books and eBooks ! Available Anytime
- With OverDrive eBooks, you can get a book any time of day.
- Over 10,000 eBooks - 8,000 audiobooks - new titles added each week
- All you need is a computer or mobile device and your library card!